Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Farmland & Foam Fighters

This week was one of the most random weeks I've had in quite a long time. On Friday I went to Morris MN to talk to dairy farmers making the transition to organic cattle raising. The next day I met up with some foam fighters I had shot the week before in Plainview MN for an area meet of medieval fighting. I was able to experience both extremes of the southern part of Minnesota. Very busy trying to edit all of the content and get a few other assignments done! This was really one of the first times I had done both photo and video at the same time on the assignment. I also was able to export it all in HD so it looks much better than the one from last week. Enjoy!
Farmland

Farmland from Jules Ameel on Vimeo.

Foam-Fighters

Foam Fighters from Jules Ameel on Vimeo.

Blue barn off of Highway 52;
_DSC5307
Random sign in the middle of nowhere;
_DSC5305
Dennis Johnson and his cows;
_DSC5069
The cuteness;
_DSC5003
"Hey!?";
_DSC5085
Here are some portraits and action shots I did while shooting video and not destroying my gear in the rain. I loved the intensity of the way they dressed.
I lost the sheet of names so Ill update it in a day.
6-6-09dyp2(2)
_DSC5178
6-6-09dyp1(2)
_DSC5207
6-6-09dyp4(2)
_DSC5192
6-6-09dyp3(2)

_DSC5229
$3500 video camera/ 1 cent rain cover;
_DSC5291
I'm excited about things coming up! I hope I can continue to do these more in depth assignments as well as keep getting better at video. Small steps towards a good product at the moment, but Im really proud of the Farmland one!
*JA*

1 comment:

  1. I would like to ask your permission to use one of your photos. Can you please contact me:
    jeff@mosesorganic.org

    ReplyDelete